The move from the traditional SAP Business Suite to the Digital Core, for example SAP S/4HANA, places SAP HANA at the focal point of the game. The equivalent is additionally substantial while moving from conventional information bases to SAP HANA – for example SAP Business Suite and SAP Business Warehouse controlled by SAP HANA.
The presentation of the SAP HANA stage in the ABAP universe has moved the application programming worldview. SAP's customizing language, ABAP, has assumed an enormous part in the product prosperity throughout the long term.
Numerous engineers will review their first ABAP program, run on R/3 or ERP, with affection. With the coming of SAP HANA and SAP S/4HANA stages, these designers will locate that current ABAP projects may be moved to the new suite. A fundamental guideline is that ABAP applications are completely viable with SAP HANA. For those who are pursuing SAP S4 HANA training, there are a couple of fine focuses to note when running ABAP on SAP HANA. How about we investigate each?
Points to Remember While Coding ABAP on SAP HANA
Converting Pool and Cluster Tables
- When changing over pool and cluster tables to transparent tables, issues may happen in the event that you've depended on a verifiable sort conduct in your turns of events or in the event that you straightforwardly got to the inward clusters or pools.
- For pool and group tables, the DBI consistently plays out a certain arranging. This is lost after the transformation to a straightforward table on the grounds that no programmed ORDER BY is added here to the assertion. In this manner, admittance to pool and bunch tables should be examined as to their arranging during a movement.
- For this situation, the Code Inspector gives a different check—Find Select for Pool/Cluster Tab without ORDER BY—so you can rapidly and effectively find such basic focuses in your own turns of events.
SAP List Viewer with Integrated Data Access
- ALV with IDA offers an in-memory upgraded variation of the notable ALV reuse part. With the new segment, all information driven UI tasks, for example, arranging, gathering or collecting are designated to the data set and in this manner consistently handled on the full informational index.
- Imperatives, for example, approvals and worth reaches are announced and assessed straightforwardly on the information base, and the data set paging is utilized on SAP HANA so just obvious information is brought from the data set.
- A commonplace fundamental use case is to improve the presentation of a current ALV-based application which worked with a colossal measure of information. With the traditional ALV, engineers need to for example indicate a truncation boundary to restrict the measure of information obtained from the information base and put it away in interior tables. This implies that information driven activities were just performed on the brought information which may not be the entire outcome set.
Enhanced Search Help
- With ABAP 7.4 onwards, the usefulness of a pursuit help object (F4 Help) has been upgraded with discretionary sort ahead and shortcoming open minded full-text search.
- By choosing the fitting improved choice in an inquiry help, a google-like sort ahead hunt can be initiated. Otherwise called search-as-you-type, this capacity offers a quicker client association by showing conceivable list items from the standard F4 help while composing in passages.
- Furthermore, a full book fluffy inquiry choice can be actuated. This capacity is SAP HANA-explicit and offers an issue open minded cross-section search. No adjustment is needed on the UI side.
- Open SQL is the main reflection layer in the ABAP stage. It characterizes a typical sentence structure and semantics utilized for getting to all social information base frameworks upheld by SAP. Subsequently, permitting ABAP engineers to work in an information base rationalist way – except if utilizing DB-explicit highlights.
- Code pushdown in ABAP begins with Open SQL, as it is the most known procedure of all and is utilized wherever with regards to bringing information from the data set.
- With ABAP 7.4 onwards, Open SQL has been intensely improved and a portion of the current restrictions eliminated, hence, giving a more extensive inclusion of the SQL-92 norm.
- A more significant level of expressiveness in Open SQL explanations is currently conceivable utilizing for example the rich arrangement of implicit SQL capacities and articulations, table cognizances and improved JOIN abilities.
ABAP Core Data Service (CDS):
- CDS speaks to SAP's up and coming age of information definition and access for data set driven applications. In fact, CDS utilizes and stretches out SQL to catch the business purpose.
- The CDS in particular comes from the SAP HANA world, yet alongside the usage given in SAP (HANA CDS), another is given in the ABAP stage (ABAP CDS).
- The combination of CDS into the ABAP stage gives another information base reflection layer and a high level displaying framework for characterizing semantically rich information models paying little heed to the application areas – for example exchanges, search and examination.
- ABAP CDS speaks to a foundation innovation inside SAP S/4HANA, where it is utilized as Virtual Data Model (VDM) and inside the new ABAP programming model for SAP Fiori applications.
- ABAP CDS objects are made in the overshadowing based ABAP Development Tools in a content based proofreader.
ABAP Managed Database Procedures (AMDP) for SAP HANA
AMDP gives a class-based system to make and call SAP HANA information base strategies and capacities from the ABAP climate – for example AMDP techniques and AMDP capacities. The ABAP stage is the sole expert with respect to the life cycle of the board (creation, update, cancellation and transport) of such SAP HANA substances.
Running ABAP on SAP HANA might seem tricky, but with these tips you will able to migrate and check code for consistency and errors. Although, we tried to cover every aspect of the ABAP coding, but there’s a lot more to it. SAP FICO is a vast subject and it is essential to pursue SAP S4 HANA training to get placed in a reputed organization. Get in touch with us to join SAP online training!read more »